So....hmm... what is the definition of a friend or friends?
I have so many encounters with people who call me friends that I am so confused. Today for instance, a "friend" messaged me and from the sound of the message "demanded" I make time to meet up.
#1. This friend is going to be in a neighbouring country... not even near where I am staying. It would take me 6hours to drive to the border if I am lucky and there is no traffic.
#2. I have never met this "friend" before in my entire life... Added her in Facebook because she was a friend of a friend.
#3. I told this "friend" that I have a lot of work on my plate and if my boss is not around, I may be able to take leave to meet her but I have these issues:
- I am not allowed to leave the country
- I am working
#4 I reiterated that I did not promise any thing except that if any of my friends are in Malaysia and they do not mind sharing my little home, they are most welcomed. I did not say I will meet them at all costs or at the expense of my job....
Why are people so harsh with their words and their friendship...
Why can't people articulate their words towards kindness?
So much misunderstandings and demands...
You mean in order for me to be your friend I have to accommodate all your whims and fancies...?
If I could, I would. Maybe this is the reason why God does not want me to have money and position. If this is the reason... Thank You Lord! You sure knew how my friends would treat me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment